Film Scanning

   I for got to mention in my introduction to this blog, that film scanning would also be discussed. I inherited a large number of photo negatives from my father. These negatives range in dates from the late 1930's to the 1970's.
   Fortunately, most of the film is in 620 format. This large format preserves more detail than smaller formats such as 35mm. The film subjects are of several types. Family photos before and after my father married my mother and photos from his time in the military, Army Air Corp.
   I decided many, years ago, to attempt to digitize the images and store them on my computer. There was little technology and knowledge available on the topic then. Much more has developed, but what I discovered, remains to this day, as far as I know, the most advance process available. Unfortunately, I won't be able to share the details since my copyrights and patent rights are not protected. I will reveal much useful information though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HDR history

HDR : myths and misinterpretations

August 14, 2019 update