Scanning.

 The actual scanning of the films occurred in two parts. The settings were used with both color and b&w film.

1. Useing the 'color positives' setting in the software.

2. Using the 'color negatives' setting in the software.

This results in two sets of images. One set appears as ordinary photos, the other as negatives.

The idea was to get as pure a recording of the film as possible. Accordingly, I turned off all automatic adjustments and effects. Two settings in the software proved useful, though. 'Exposure' and 'Fading Correction.' I don't know what the fading control does, but I know that some faded images improved quite a bit using that control.

The prints were scanned using the LiDE, before the 8800f was purchased. The film was scanned using the 8800f. Only a few test samples of color slides were scanned. I've decided to get a slide scanner since there are approximately 300 slides to be scanned. That will have to wait.

I finished the prints and films and burned all to a series of six DVDs.

One aspect of scanning is the image title. I attempted to name each image based on what was in the photo. I also included a text file detailing the family tree, photographed places, and family friends in one of the DVDs.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HDR history

HDR : myths and misinterpretations

August 14, 2019 update